Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Those Big Brown Beautiful Eyes

What can I say I just can't resist those big brown eyes that capture the depth of my heart! Kiely can steal my slippers, sneakers, tear up paper and you name it, but when she looks at me with those big brown beautiful eyes I just melt! I have always been a dog owner that tries to overlook the not so good stuff and praise, praise, praise the good behavior. I don't even like to raise my voice at her. When I notice she is about to get into some mischievous action I redirect her to a more positive behavior. Many times she gets ahead of me, usually when I am not giving her my direct attention and she gets a hold of a piece of paper she can tear up or something. This is when I need to choose what battles to encounter with her. I concentrate on safety and health. If something is going to harm her in any way I need to immediately intervene and take away anything that could be a danger. I let her take my slippers (she doesn't chew them). She takes them and lays down on the floor with her little nose on top of the slipper. Then she waits to see what my reaction will be. If I decide not to pay attention she very quickly looses interest.

Kiely is with out a doubt such a joy and a blessing. She keeps me laughing and is always there for a hug and a cuddle. Her little kisses greet me when I come home. But those big beautiful brown eyes are quite a charm. How could I get angry at those beautiful brown eyes? I may not be the best dog trainer but I love her so very much.

God bless those big, beautiful, brown eyes that make my heart melt. God bless all animals that melt our hearts and bring laughter and joy to our souls.

Katherine Mikshenas
http://tinyurl.com/animalhugsandblessings
kathymwriting@gmail.com

1 comment:

The Writer said...

Amen!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear