Monday, September 15, 2008

The Case of the Missing Slipper

I have always been one to come home from work, take off my shoes and jump into the comfort of my slippers. I could live in my slippers. Well Kiely has a habit of taking shoes, socks, other clothing and yes my slippers.

Usually, I find my missing items right away. Kiely just takes them so that we will chase her. She puts them down when we decide we don't want to play. Kiely often takes items when she knows we have to leave for work. She doesn't want us to leave and she figures if she takes something we will stay and play with her.

I had both of my slippers yesterday morning before I got in the shower. When I got out of the shower one of them was missing. My husband and I searched the entire house including the dirty laundry hamper. We looked in every place Kiely calls her own. We searched under the couch, under the bed, under tables and chairs and in every corner. Still, the slipper remains missing. Since the slipper was not thrown out and is not in the dirty clothes hamper, it has got to be somewhere inside of this house. It probably is in a place right in front of our middle aged eyes.

Well, the best thing I can do is let the situation go. I know I will find the slipper when I am not looking for it. But boy do I miss my slipper! God bless slippers and God bless all of our precious animals that take our lives on such interesting adventures.

Katherine Mikshenas
Animal Blessings Motivator
http://tinyurl.com/animalhugsandblessings

No comments: