Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A New Friend, Tippy

Yesterday I met a little 2 year old Schitzu (don't know how to spell it), named Tippy. I went to visit my friend and little Tippy climbed up next to me on the couch. Tippy is gray and white with black streaks of fur. His paws are white and undercoating (under his chin and stomach) are also white. He has soft gray eyes and when he looks at you it is almost like he smiles. If he lived in my house I could not resist those eyes and he would have anything he wanted. Of course my friend and her husband also cannot resist those eyes and Tippy is the center of the household.

At first Tippy was a bit bashful. I just kept talking soft to him and assuring him it was okay. I stroked his fur under his chin and on his stomach. He just sat there and kissed me. My friend said she had never seen him so calm. I enjoyed every minute of being with Tippy. When it was time for me to leave Tippy jumped up and wanted me to hold him. I hated to leave but now I have another friend to visit. What a joyous time I had and what a precious blessing to have met Tippy!

God bless Tippy and all our precious animals that make us smile, laugh and fill our hearts with overflowing joy!

Katherine Mikshenas
http://tinyurl.com/animalhugsandblessings
kathymwriting@gmail.com

2 comments:

The Writer said...

"All creatures great and small..." I often wonder who enjoys the visiting more, the dogs or us!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

The Writer said...

TAG! I have awarded thee with a most coveted blog award! Got to go to my site to pick it up.

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear