Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There was 3 in the Bed and the Little One Snored

Kiely often sleeps between my husband and me, especially when the weather starts to get cold. She likes to cuddle and lay her head against one of us. Sometimes she likes to take up the whole bed. She will stretch out and in the morning my husband will have one leg hanging off the bed.

Last night I could not fall asleep. Usually my husband keeps me awake snoring, moving around trying to get comfortable. Last night Kiely moved around trying to get comfortable. When she finally found a comfortable spot and my eyes were just about to close, it started. First I thought is was my husband snoring but it was Kiely as loud as ever. She could have been a good fog horn!

I don't know what time I finally fell asleep. This morning I woke up to Kiely snuggling up with her little nose practically under my arm. How could I get upset with such an adorable blessing!

May God bless all animals that like to cuddle with us. They are such blessings of comfort!

Katherine Mikshenas
Editing and Writing Services
kathymwriting@gmail.com

1 comment:

The Writer said...

I think you're right! We do have a lot in common. Don't tell anyone, but my name is Catherine. Kiely sounds like such a schnuggle! Bear snores too, even when he's awake because of the nose thing he had. It gets so we don't even hear it anymore, though...most of the time. The new job is more administrative and training child care workers along with counseling parents which I'm really looking forward to. I won't be with the little ones so much, but will have the energy to work with Bear and still have some left for my grand kids which I'm really looking forward to!

Be Blessed!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear