Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shona

About a week ago Shona, a snapping turtle, came to visit. I first noticed her in the driveway in the warm sand. She stayed there for a while and then she went out into the dirt road. I noticed the school bus was coming down the road. I quickly, slowed down the bus and waited for Shona to go back into our yard. Shona went back into our yard and found a spot under a birch tree in the sand, at the edge of the driveway. She stayed there for about 5 or 6 hours. I went out once and told her I would pray for her. I knew she was about to lay her eggs. She had dug a hole and was sitting in the hole.

That evening I went out to check on Shona. She had left and the hole was now covered up with dirt and sand. Shona had laid her eggs. Immediately, I said a prayer for her and told her I would watch over her eggs and pray for her babies. I am not sure how long it takes for the eggs to hatch. I pray for them everyday. God bless Shona, her babies and all turtles.

God bless all animals.

Chaplain Kathy

If you know an animal in need of prayer, please feel free to contact me at kathymwriting@gmail.com. Prayer requests are always warmly welcomed.

Be the blessing of hope to an animal in need http://www.squidoo.com/blessanimals.

No comments: