Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brown Eyed Susie

Susie, a young white tailed doe, came to visit over the weekend. I was out in the yard with my husband around supper time. We were checking on Shona, a snapping turtles's eggs. Susie stood on the lawn and just stared at my husband and me. I said a prayer for her and told her quietly we meant her no harm. Susie was close enough so that we could see her precious brown eyes. She stayed in one spot for about 5 minutes or so. I was suprised she stayed so long after spotting us. Then it was time for her to go. I prayed for her and blew her a kiss. I told her she was welcome at anytime.

The next day I went to the vegtable garden. I noticed deer foot prints. I smiled and said ok Susie I know you were here. I told her she was welcome to the green beans when they flower but asked her to not eat the pumpkin. I felt very blessed to have such a sweet visit from such a beautiful brown eyed Susie. God bless Susie and all deer.

God bless all animals.

Chaplain Kathy

If you know an animal in need of prayer, please feel free to contact me at kathymwriting@gmail.com. Prayer requests are always warmly welcomed.

Saying goodbye to your pet http://www.squidoo.com/blessanimals.

No comments: