Friday, June 19, 2009

Pollina's Rainy Day Blessing

It is raining again! For some reason my little dog, Kiely does not like to go out in heavy rain. I knew she had to go out and decided I would take her for a little ride. We went down to the boat ramp a little ways down the dirt road from my yard. As we pulled in I noticed no cars were there. I decided to park by the boat entrance. As I slowly drove to the parking place I noticed Pollina, a snapping turtle sitting in the sand, well mud. Pollina was bigger than Shona, another snappig turtle that visited my yard, recently. I gently drove by Pollina and quietly took Kiely out of the car. Kiely did not seem to notice Pollina. Pollina did not seem frightened as she still had her head out of her shell. Kiely and I walked around and Kiely did her dog business. Of course, we both got soaked. It was time to go, as I was leaving I gently spoke to Pollina and told her I would pray for her and the eggs she was evidently about to lay. Kiely and I went home and got dry.

A few hours later again Kiely was acting like she needed to go out. Again, we went in the car to the boat ramp. Pollina was in the same spot she was in earlier. She was laying her eggs. As I drove by her I glanced and both of our eyes met. I gently told her I was praying and I would watch over her eggs. I was relieved she found a cozy place out of the way of traffic. Kiely and I walked around away from Pollina. When it was time to go I put Kiely in the car and told Pollina that I would be thinking of her. I blew her a kiss and got in the car. While driving back home I thought about the blessing Pollina gave me on such a rainy and kind of dreary day. I decided to stop complaining about the rain and think about the beauty and precious gifts of nature all around me. Thank you, Pollina for your rainy day blessing. Angels are with you and will keep you safe. Your eggs will be guarded by angels and blessed by God. God bless you, Pollina.

God bless all animals.
Chaplain Kathy

If you know an animal in need of prayer, please feel free to contact me at kathymwriting@gmail.com. Prayer requests are warmly welcomed.

Capture Inner Peace..inspire a friend..bless an animal in need http://www.cafepress.com/blessanimals.

Easy ways to help animals in need http://www.blessanimals.blinkweb.com.

No comments: