Friday, March 14, 2008

My Little Nose

When I first moved to Maine, USA from Massachusetts in 2003, I was extremly homesick and lonely. We decided to get a dog. I read in the local newsletter about free puppies looking for loving homes. I called the number and my husband and I went to the home to see the puppies. The first puppy that came up to my husband and I was the littlest one in the litter. She came over and kissed the hands of my husband and me. Immediately, my husband and I agreed that she would be the one we would pick to be a part of our family. We needed to wait until she was 8 weeks old to take her home.

When we took her home we named her Kiely. She cuddled up to us and would fall asleep on our laps. Later she found her way to sleeping in our bed in between my husband and me. Kiely is our absolute joy. I call her my little nose because whenever I need to go out she is waiting for me with her little nose pressed against the front window of the house.

For many years I have suffered with anxiety and bouts of depression. Kiely always knows exactly what I need. She stays with me and keeps me company and loves to go for rides in the car. She loves taking walks with us. Many times she steals the clean laundry or one of the pillows and wants us to chase her around the house. One day I was having a stressful morning and she got into the clean laundry. She came up to me with a pair of my clean underwear in her mouth. I stopped and burst into laughter. I got the underwear away from her and we went out for a walk. The rest of the day was brighter and full of joy.

Animals are such a blessing from God. Kiely has blessed our lives with overflowing joy, love and laughter. She is truly a precous gift from God. My little nose is my loyal and faithful friend and one of my best companions. I thank God with all of my heart for such a loving gift.

May God bless all animals with love and protection. May they all be surrounded with God's angels and saints. May we take a few moments every day to tell our animals how much they mean to us and how much we truly love them. Animals need to be thanked and told they are loved too. God bless all animals.

In God's love and blessings,

KM

No comments: