Monday, March 17, 2008

My Friend Buck

I first met Buck when I moved to Maine in 2003. He is my neighbor's Austrian Shepherd. I have to admit I was a little leary of him at first. He is quite the protector.

Buck visits our elderly neighbor across the street from his house daily. Since the elderly man is now 96, he needs a little extra help. I go up to visit almost daily. Buck is always there to greet me. He gives me kisses and I give him hugs. Then I give him some dog treats.

Buck keeps my elderly neighbor company during the day until his owners come home from school and work. My elderly neighbor looks forward to seeing him daily and often will fix him up some hamburg. Buck greets all the visitors with plenty of kisses. Of course no one can resist giving him treats.

Buck is such a loyal companion and friend to myself and especially to my elderly neighbor. All of us need companionship and love. Buck gives so much every day. He is truly a blessing from God.

I am so very thankful to have a sweet friend like Buck. May God bless him and all the animals that touch our hearts and souls with so much beauty.

In God's blessings and love,
KM

No comments: