Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hugs For Sam

About one year ago when my husband and I took my little Kiely to the groomers for her monthly makeover, I met another dog that really blessed me. His name was Sam, short for Samuel Adams. That particular morning I was quite stressed. My husband and I had an argument and I was feeling quite annoyed, stressed and somewhat sad. When we got to the groomers my husband took Kiely inside. I waited in the waiting area. There was a beautiful golden retriever named Sam crying and barking. The owner of the business explained to me that Sam was very frightened. He had been abandoned during Hurricane Katrina and had just been with his new owner for less than one month. The owner of the business asked me if I would mind comforting Sam. I went inside and started petting Sam. Each time I stopped for a little break he would wimper and bark. I finally sat on the floor and Sam cuddled up next to me and fell asleep. I hugged him gently and spoke softly to him that everything would be alright.

Ironically, I was supposed to comfort Sam but Sam comforted me. I was no longer stressed or annoyed at my husband. Instead of feeling sad I was feeling happy. Sam had truly blessed my day. When it was time to leave it was Sam's turn to be groomed. I hugged him and gave him a little kiss goodbye with a blessing of love, joy and well being. I hated to leave him but I knew he would be ok. Sam was truly my gift of peace that one stressful morning.

With blessings for Sam and all of God's animals,
In God's love,
KM

No comments: