Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ball Games, Walks and Cuddles

Yesterday, I did not have to work. I started my day with a long walk with Kiely. We saw 2 squirrels, 3 crows and 2 bluejays. Kiely was too busy sniffing to even notice. Next Kiely and I had a game of fetch with her favorite ball. We played that for about 30 minutes and decided to go inside for a cold drink. Kiely curled up on her favorite blanket and went to sleep.

The telephone rang and my neighbor invited me for coffee. Well of course Kiely was upset that I was leaving. As I got in the car I heard her barking. I felt awful leaving her.

I got to my neighbor's home and Buck met me for another game of ball. We played for about 10 minutes and I went inside. Smoky met me at the door and wanted me to pick him up. He is such a cuddly kitten. I held him and stroked under his chin. He fell asleep and I held him while I drank coffee. Then it was time to go. I put Smoky on his favorite blanket, gave him a little kiss and went out.

Buck met me at the door for another 10 minute game of ball. I hugged him and gave him a kiss goodbye. It was time for me to go home to Kiely.

Kiely met me at the door full of kisses. I hugged and kissed her. Next she grabbed her ball and we went out for another 20 minute game of ball. Then we went for a short 10 minute walk. This time we saw another squirrel and 1 blue jay. Kiely once again did not even notice. When we finished we went inside for another cold drink.

I decided I was exhausted and decided to lay down. Kiely curled up beside me on the bed. She put her little head on my hand as I pet her. Both of us fell sound asleep.

All in all it was a beautiful blessed day! I loved every minute of being with my animal friends. May God bless all animals with joy, companionship and most of all His Protective Hand of Love.

Katherine Mikshenas
kathymwriting@gmail.com

1 comment:

The Writer said...

Talk about "counting your blessings!" You did have a day of them! Enjoy this fall.

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear