Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blessings All Around

Sunday morning I woke up frustrated and annoyed. The heavy rain had created a huge pond like puddle around the birch tree where my bird feeder is. I had to walk through about 3 inches of water to fill the feeder. I was not in a good mood. I decided to let go of my frustrating mood and be positive.

Last night just before sunset I looked out the window and to my surprise a huge flock of birds had turned my Sunday morning frustration into Monday evening joy! Flocks of red winged blackbirds, robins and doves were landing in the pond like puddle and flapping their wings in refreshment. I felt so blessed to be watching them enjoy themselves.

I thought about how many little blessings I had all around me. I thanked God and His precious wings of protection and comfort. I thanked the birds for reminding me that one day's aggravation can be another day's blessing.

Embracing all animals and people in God's perfect love. May all be blessed in God's very best!
Kathy Mikshenas

No comments: