Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Dove On My Shoulder

This morning I was cuddling with my dog.  I began to meditate on the Reiki Precepts.  The precept" Be Compassionate" came into my thoughts.  I believe that compassion is being gentle and kind to myself and all living things. Thoughts of Saint Francis of Assisi came to mind.  Images of St. Francis show birds flocking to him and animals all around him. 

I thought how could I ever get a bird to land on my shoulder?  First I would have to release all negative feelings such as anger or worry.  I would have to be humble and open to the bird landing on my shoulder.  The real, true, authentic me would have to shine forth.  Most of all I would have to welcome the bird with gentleness and kindness; letting go of all control or expectations.  

I returned to meditating on the Reiki precepts.  This time I let go of all control and expectations.  I let go of all the how's of any reiki techniques. I just breathed into this moment and let the love flow.  The more I let go, the more I was able to open myself to God's peace and love.  With each breath my dog began to move closer and closer until she was just about on top of me.  I thought this is true reiki! In this space is where a dove would land on my shoulder.  In this space is true grace and healing! 

May all be blessed in God's healing love.  
Kat Mikshenas




No comments: