Monday, July 20, 2009

Morning Grace

Many mornings during the week I go up and visit my neighbor. We have a cup of coffee, a small prayer and read a devotional together. She has a big window near the kitchen table where you can look out and see the birds at the feeder. One morning I met Gracie, a hummingbird. She peeked her beak up by the window and stayed for a few minutes. Our eyes met and connected. She began her humming and my heart melted. I told her she was beautiful and I loved her humming. Gracie then flew away as I blew her a kiss and lots of love.

My neighbor told me Gracie comes every morning and greets her. As she peeks her little beak up near the window, my neighbor is reminded that her mother, now in heaven, is still with her. My neighbor's mother used to have several hummingbirds visit every year. Hummingbirds were her mother's favorite birds.

I thought about how God always finds little ways to help us remember we are never alone and we are deeply loved. Thank you and God bless you, Gracie.

God bless all animals.

KM

No comments: