Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Abigail's Beauty

Last Friday evening my husband and I saw a bird in our yard. At the time we did not know what kind of a bird it was. I called her Abigail. She flew over our yard and flew towards the river. Her eloquant flight was exquisite. Then after a while she came back and perched herself on a rock overlooking what I call my rock garden. Abigail looked around and rested for a while. I could not help noticing her beauty and elegance as she rested. I said a little prayer for her and told her she was always welcome here. Abigail then flew off and continued on her own personal journey. I thanked God for her visit and the blessing of His beauty shared by Abigail.

Saturday morning I contacted a local bird sanctuary and asked what type of a bird Abigail may be. They told me Abigail was probably from my description a Great Blue Heron. She was grayish blue and white with a long exquisite neck and long beak. Her wing span was almost a big as a turkey. Her head was blue with gray streaks blended in with the blue. I then googled "great blue heron" and was able to confirm Abigail is a great blue heron. She is also a great beauty and one of many of God's precious gifts. Thank you, Abigail for your visit. God bless you.

God bless all animals.

Kathy Mikshenas

If you know an animal in need of prayer, please feel free to contact me at kathymwriting@gmail.com.

Capture Inner Peace..inspire a friend..bless an animal in need http://www.cafepress.com/blessanimals.

Easy ways to reach out and help animals in need http://blessanimals.blinkweb.com.

No comments: