Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Emmaline

My 49th birthday was back on December 27th, 2008. I woke up feeling a little gloomy and kind of homesick for my family back in Massachusetts. I poured some coffee and sat down to check my e mail on the computer. The computer is located in my daughter's room with a window viewing a huge tree on the land next door.

I looked up at the sky and at the tree. In the tree I noticed one huge crow. She seemed to look down at me as if she was trying to tell me something. I just kept typing and glancing up at the tree. The crow stayed in the same place the whole time I was on the computer. She kept looking down at me. I felt so blessed and felt like God was watching over me.

Later that day I got a sad phone call that a very dear friend of mine was in the hospital back in Boston in critical condition. I kept thinking about that one crow that was sitting above me in the tree the whole time I was on the computer. Every time I thought about the crow I was filled with God's comfort and peace.

A few days later on December 31, 2008, my dear friend Alison passed away. At first I was shocked and broke down and cried. But then I thought about Emmaline the crow sitting with me and I felt comfort and peace once again. Life is full of changes. Sometimes change can hurt. I felt so blessed to have been able to spend all the wonderful times with Alison. I also felt so blessed to have gotten a peaceful gift of comfort from a crow, letting me know that I am never alone. God is with me. Thank you, Emmaline for sharing God's comfort and love with me.

I am now getting ready to plant a garden of sunflowers for Alison and for Emmaline. Each time I look at the sunflowers growing I will think of Alison's friendship and the comfort I got that lonely day from Emmaline.

God bless all animals

Kathy Mikshenas
If you know an animal in need of prayer please contact me at kathymwriting@gmail.com.
http://tinyurl.com/dfekny Animal Hugs and Blessings Prayer Outreach
You can help an animal in need by visiting: www.cafepress.com/blessanimals. Proceeds help support no kill animal shelters, animal rescue missions and animal ministries.
Adopt a Shelter Pet www.adoptapet.com .
Support Animal Rescue www.theanimalrescuesite.com. Daily clicks provide .6 bowls of food for rescued animals.

No comments: