Friday, November 21, 2008

All Cuddled Up For An Afternoon Nap

Yesterday when I got home from work I was exhausted. Kiely and I went out to the post office to get the mail or since there was no mail, we went for a ride. Kiely loves to go to the post office. All I have to say is "Let's go get Kiely's mail" and she jumps up and down. When we got home from the post office we went for a short walk in the bitter freezing wind.

When we both had enough we decided to go in and get warm. I made some coffee for myself and got her some treats. Then since we were both tired I asked her if she wanted to take a nap with me. All I have to say is "Do you want to take a nap with me on Mommy's bed" and she runs in the bedroom and jumps on the bed. Then we have this routine where I fluff the pillows and cover her up with her favorite blanket. (I know it is a little much.. but she is my sweet angel)

Finally it was time for me to cuddle up under the warm blankets. Kiely snuggled up next to me with her little nose under my hand. She loves to be pet right before she falls asleep. Next thing I knew she was snoring away. At this point I must have fell asleep.

When I woke up I realized we had been asleep for almost two hours. I rushed around to tidy the house a bit and get organized for supper. All I kept thinking about was how nice it was to cuddle, all nice and warm for an afternoon nap.

Kathy Mikshenas

No comments: