Monday, March 21, 2011

Pennies Of Love

There used to be a time in my life when I was afraid of Pit Bulls. The term Pit Bull is not even a breed. American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Terrier mixes were named the slang term Pit Bull because these precious dogs were used for dog fighting in the pits. Like a lot of uninformed people I thought Pit Bulls were vicious. I have never met a more gentle loving breed. Shame on me for judging a breed before being educated!

Not long ago I was visiting an animal shelter in my area. There I met Penny, a beautiful. deep copper colored American Bull Terrier. Her lonely eyes revealed her fear of being there. She had just come into the shelter and I was not able to visit with her in her kennel or take her for a walk. I stood there for about 30 minutes. I gently talked to her and told her she was beautiful. She walked up to the gate of the kennel and gently kissed my hand. Her gentle touch melted my heart. Here she was shaking with fear but still managed to come over to me and gently kiss my hand. Penny is my inspiration for starting an ongoing, family penny drive to help rescue these precious dogs.

The goal for this penny drive is for my family members and me to raise one million pennies for these dogs. All money raised will go directly to Shorty's Pit Bull Rescue of Los Angeles, CA. Shorty Rossi has dedicated his life to rescuing these precious dogs. His television series Pit Boss has helped to inspire me and educate me on the loving truth of this beautiful breed of dogs. I can't think of a better person to reach out and help these precious dogs.

If you are able, please consider helping Shorty help these gentle dogs. Every penny counts. Together we can make a great difference in the lives of these dogs in need. To donate or for more information please visit Shorty's website at: Shorty's Pit Bull Rescue.

God bless you. May all be blessed in God's very best.

Kathy Mikshenas
Bless A Rescue Animal, Save A Life!
Love, Compassion, Respect
No Dog Left Behind
Where Education Meets Rescue
The Blessing Way

No comments: