Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Little Visitor, Gus

For the last couple of weeks we have had a new visitor in our backyard. I am not sure what kind of animal it is. It reminds me of a gopher in the movie Caddyshack. My husband seems to think it is a little ground hog. Whatever kind of animal it is, he is adorable. He ususally comes in the early morning or late afternoon. He munches on grass and leaves. He stands up on his hind legs with a leaf in his mouth as proud as ever.

I named him, Gus. Of course I don't know if he is female or male. He just makes me think he is a proud male. He is such a blessing to watch. No matter what kind of a mood I am in, he calms me down and puts a smile on my face.

Sometimes all we need to do is open our hearts to all the beauty in nature. Maine is a beautiful state full of different wild animals. I thank God for these beautiful animals. They make me stop and take a break from the chaos of my day. They help me to refocus myself and put a smile on my face.

May God bless all animals and hold them in the palm of His hand. May the angels of God surround them and give them God's peace.

Katherine Mikshenas
Animal Blessings Motivator
kathymwriting@gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/animalhugsandblessings

No comments: